Wednesday, February 9, 2011

First Time meeting with Canadian (so much fun!!!!!)

Well,

I decided to write this experience because it's really worthed for me to write it hahaha just to kill the boringness in this holiday. Oh by the way this story is about meeting with "bule" (it's kind of popular nickname for Indonesian people to call western especially white people and please note, this is not negative) from Canada. How could I meet with him? because I join AIESEC and what is AIESEC? I will tell you later ya. Ok so I really forgot the date but it was on May 2009. At that time there were about more than 20 new members of AIESEC and all of them informed that one of exchanger from Canada will arrive. Everybody was so annoying because they keep asking the question, "oh is he tall? is he handsome? is he blablabla" especially for the girls. So, I was curious as well then decided to pick him up in Juanda Airport Surabaya. The most funny thing at that time, just for picking up one exchanger we need two cars? hohohoo....what for? because many people were joining the trip to the airport because their curiousness of this Canadian guy and it was really crowded in the car. So many poeple but fun. We arrived in the airport and then someone told us, "ok, now split in international arrival and raise up your banner and look for this Canadian guy". In each banner there is his name. After very long time going around the airport, finally one of my friend "Pera" found him. "Oh I found him, I found him". Then we found "Curtis" and each of us introduced ourself to him. Taking picture is a must!!!couldn't be ignored because this is the obligation for Indonesian people when we meet foreigners especially "bule". Well so here it is the picture. You can see our happy face meeting with Curtis hahahaha. I am the one who was showing the little banner from a paper. I really cant wait to talk with "bule" because talking with foreigners is so much fun. At that time my style is still "ababil" (it is one of expression for a childish teenager that too much childish) So I asked a lot of questions to him. The next we went to Coffee Corner Cafe to celebrate his arrival in this Sparkling Surabaya city and of course we drank coffee. One of the funny thing again that I found, Ronny ordered a cup of coffeee for Rp 12.000> and guess what he got? a super tiny cup of coffeee and one super tiny biscuit. Spontaneusly I laughed and seemed it was not worthed spending that much money for a cup of super tiny coffee cup hahahahahahaa.

1 comment:

  1. Ha3x gotta fun reading this article.Seeing bule such as a wonderful thing, mostly for the first time.(maybe I'm too)Canadian people are humble and little bit split language with French, coz we had partner with them such as Chuck Connor, sometimes we call him with cak as surabeje dialect. Barry Manson, Robert Darling, Tony Newton, George Tyler, Severino Tan originated as Pinoy - they were my partner during the construction, and the nicest thing we could go snorkel to islands with them.

    By the way, I can;t stand to copy paste above article for sharing with ababil2 here in Borneo. ha3x.......

    ReplyDelete