Thursday, May 2, 2013

May Day in Berlin


Labour Day, we always celebrate this day in the 1st of May around the world. In Germany especially in Berlin, Labour Day is celebrated in fun way and by the way it is holiday in Germany. I actually wasn´t sure about the celebration of Labour Day in Berlin, would it be so many people went to the street for demonstration or it would be so much fun? So yesterday I went to Kottbusser Tor, one of the area in the district of Kreuzberg Berlin. If we are talking about Kreuzberg, we are talking about the hip area in Berlin because usually this area becomes the center for the big events, like the May Day. There were bunch of people went to Kottbusser Tor to see what happened there. On the way to Kottbusser Tor I was thinking about demonstration all the time, ¨would it safe if I go there?¨. I wouldn´t know until I saw what happened there.

May Day Berlin, Kreuzberg

The crowds of people


So I arrived in Kottbusser Tor and yes, I saw thousands of people in this area, in the street around and I would like to know more about what actually the people are doing here. After I walked deeper into the crowd, I found something really interesting. People were chilling out, they were dancing, they were enjoying the crowd, bringing their children, friends and family. All of them wanted to enjoy the day of May Day and I didn´t see the demonstration. Here was so much different from what happened in Jakarta during May Day. I read the news about May Day (Labour Day) in Jakarta that people were doing demonstration, blocking the roads which made worse traffic jam in Jakarta. Here in Berlin you could expect the differences because people here were celebrating this day in much fun ways. 


I was in the middle of the crowds and I saw many food sellers beside the street. I bought one of the cake and it was delicious. The cake that I bought was with cheese and spinach. If I had more money I would buy more food but one food was actually enough to satisfy my stomach. In every corner of these crowds, there was a stage which were used for people who wanted to do musical performance, rap, and even dancing together. The atmosphere here was so much excitement and fun. I was happy going to this district of Berlin to see the crowds of people and their excitement. It was the right day as well to try different food in Berlin and all of the food looked really delicious. It was the perfect day to spend with your friends or family together in this crowds, eating the food and enjoying the walk between thousands of people. 

Me, eating the delicious cake

Food sellers and their food, the food looks yummy!!

1 comment:

  1. cuma bisa bilang WOW kak.
    semoga nanti saya bisa sukses seperti kakak.
    semangat terus berbagi pengalamannya.
    >murid sma1pct

    ReplyDelete