Thursday, August 29, 2013

Half Year Experience in Berlin, Thank You AIESEC TU Berlin!

Honestly I am writing this with a mixed feeling, happy, sad, weird and some unexplaineble things. I remembered when I got my first email that said “Berlin is waiting for you, Andes!” and that made me so happy at that time. Arrived in Berlin on 19 February at 13:30, I was expecting somebody who would pick me up. Everything was ok until a big tall guy waved his hand to me, indicated that he is my buddy, Max Fresino. I really didn’t expect to have such a very tall guy to be my buddy since I am so small (haha), but really, he is an amazing guy! He did his job very well as my buddy. We both like to eat and share something cool. Overall I am satisfied and glad to have him as my buddy because we can talk about anything within hours until finally we realized that we need to stop to get some sleeps. I love your German accent because you are truly German guy! It’s amazing and funny, especially when you say “Frischkäse” hahahaha!

The first day I arrived I was staying in Jasmin’s place, the LCP of AIESEC Berlin TU. Funnily she would go to Indonesia for vacation 4 days after my arrival. We were kinda exchanging the room although not really exchanged the room. She went to Indonesia for a month and I used her room for a month. Quite a nice deal! She is also very responsible and nice girl! She brought me to her favorite kebab café for my first dinner in Berlin with Max and I had very big lachmachun mit hünchen. Satisfied and went back home with full stomach.

My experience in Berlin was too good I think. So many nice people that I met here. I feel I just cannot leave Berlin that fast but I need to go. Sad and weird feeling but happy because I will finally meet my family. Thank you AIESEC people, because I am gonna miss everybody! Sandra, the one that I feel like she is the mother of all interns because she was taking care all of us. You’ve done a great job Sandra! I am gonna miss you so much! Be my sister!! Lol. Tobi, VP Reception who always say “Heeey” to everybody with too much expression hihi, I am gonna miss you too buddy! The stammtisch and every kind of activities in Berlin was amazing! Ann who is always hugging me so tight because of my previous Polish experience, maybe, I think you like me because of “przypawa do kurczaka” and “Ona tanczy dla mnie”? You always so cheerful everytime we met each other. Alexis, who was always having great party invitation, this was cool actually because I could come to Annabelle and Goya cloud party pillow fight! Thank you for giving me the chance to go to the most absurd, craziest pillow fight party! It was amazing man! Mirja who is always talk with her typical German accent, nice girl to talk with and she is always in a very nice mood when I talk with her. Phil, although I rarely talk with you but it was nice to have every conversation with you everytime we met.

I also remembered during carnival of Cultures, Marta and her OCs were doing such a great job! I love the events and it was so much fun dancing Tunak-tunak in front of thousands people. I will also miss you so much Marta! You are such a nice girl as well. I also found my new sister from Poland, Kasya. We just met but we became friend so fast. We were kinda like brother and sister because of the “flag” reason! So funny but true. Nils who is always being nice everytime I met him, I was thinking that he had Polish blood because I thought he looked like Polish but actually not. Connie from Erfurt, a German girl who has British accent everytime she talks, really nice and always had nice conversation as well with her. Oh, actually Marina from ICX was the one who helped me a lot through every process before my arrival in Germany. Thank you for Potsdam tour and spicy currywurst! Jub who helped me with the visa extension, really thank you man! Thuy who always so cheerful and smile all the time. You are quite very active and talkative ;) Marco who drunkly lifted me during take over party with Tobi. I just had no idea what was he doing but whatever, it was also fun! Amna the Pakistani girl, who also talkative with her Pakistani accent which sometimes I need to ask her several times, to make sure I got what she said hahahah! Thank you for the Berlin trip with some of your friends! I think I owe so much to our lovely AIESEC finance guy Tilman! without him I will be a poor intern ahhahaa! thank you so much for arranging every "money" that I need haha. He was a very cool finance guy! gonna miss him!

The Zoologischer Garten group (Haitam, Lidia and Rikke) we finally went to Berlin zoo! It was also nice to spend time with you guys! Elina the lovely German teacher, I am gonna miss you as well. You are so nice and so calm. Katharina who finally met her twin sister Sandra during the stammtisch in Irish Pub! I was glad that at that time I found Sandra’s bracelet from New Zealand so she didn’t loose it. The new incoming interns that I knew like Cagla, Mariana, Evgeniya, Terehe who always so active in the chat for some invitations and initiatives ;) thank you for connecting each other, I am sorry I never could join the event that sometimes you girls arranged. Alice the Brazilian girl who is also very nice companion to Dresden and also in GLG!

For the new EB team: Felix, Connie, Julia, Jasmin, Huy, Yannick, Henni, Rushka good luck for your new term! I wish the best for everything guys!

This actually my random thoughts about some nice people who made my stay much more cooler in Berlin. For the one that I didn’t mention it doesn’t mean that I don’t love you guys. It’s just too many nice people in AIESEC Berlin until I couldn’t mention one by one. I am gonna miss everybody! This one lifetime experience, I will never forget it. This exchange was really created amazing impact for my self. I could become a better person and I developed a lot of skills. I got so many amazing networks from those people. Sometimes it’s just undescribeable how amazing my experience through AIESEC Berlin. Now it’s almost time to say “See you guys in the future!” because I have to go back to Indonesia. Let’s keep our friendship long lasting and be happy! Ich bin ein Berliner and I am proud to say it loudly! See you guys! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment